LLB, Grad Dip CM
43+ years’ PQE experience
David specialises in corporate law, capital raising and commercial law. He adds significant depth to our corporate and commercial practice. With a background in banking law where he was the chief legal officer and company secretary for an international bank, David has been in private legal practice in the financial services industry in his own firm since 2002. In that time David has developed a significant following of clients in the corporate advisory and capital raising areas. His practice entails many other areas of general commercial law.
– Corporate and commercial advice
– Corporate governance and compliance
– Board best practice
– ASX listing rules
– Equity capital markets transactions including IPOs
– Debt financing
– Mergers & acquisitions
– Financial services industry regulation
– Financial product development
– Formation and restructure of foreign banks in Australia
– Merger of ASX listed companies.
– $500 million US$ note issue by major ASX listed infrastructure company.
– $100 million plus Accelerated rights Entitlement Offer for ASX listed resource company.
– Various underwritten and non-underwritten capital raisings (IPO, rights issues, placements, security purchase plans and convertible note issues) totalling in excess of $2 billion for ASX listed companies.
– Australian Financial Services Licence applications and amendment of licence conditions.
Unwinding of long-established private company with assets in excess of $50 million and resolution of contentious shareholder disputes.
– Due diligence to support mergers and acquisitions.
– Corporate investigation and Reports.
– Establishment of various companies including shareholder agreements, joint development agreements and similar.
– Representation of foreign shareholders.
– Resolution of complex contractual disputes.
– Settlement of various shareholder disputes.
– Development of financial products in Australia and Asia: investment products, transaction services and payment platforms.
– Various property transactions; acquisitions, disposals, subdivision, and leases.
– Corporate Law
– Capital Raising
– Commercial Law
Member: Law Society of New South Wales
Fellow: Australian Institute of Company Directors
Fellow: Governance Institute of Australia
Fellow: Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
Civic / Charitable Causes
– Australian Cambodia Foundation Inc