Intellectual Property & Information Technology
Let Us Help You Protect Your Business
Over the years, Intellectual Property law has developed an increasingly profound link with both technological developments and the rules governing them.
Intellectual Property law is constantly challenged by new waves of technologies and often called to provide protection for them. At the same time, new technologies offer new ways to exploit protected works. Finn Roache Lawyers are incredibly skilled within this field and are able to assist businesses and individuals.
Where to Start
Whether you’re a start-up, established business, or franchisor, your intellectual property is one of your most valuable assets. It’s important to identify and take steps to protect your intellectual property as part of your business planning.
At Finn Roache, we have provided specialist advice on all types of intellectual property for over 40 years. Our long and proud association with the Australian Graphic Design Association has seen us work with some of Australia’s most talented designers, and given us a thorough understanding of the unique needs of this important sector.
We have a particular focus on creative industries, and have worked with many fashion and graphic designers, photographers, architects, and artists to secure their creative intellectual property.
Many business owners aren’t aware of all the intellectual property assets they have. We will advise you how to trademark a name in Australia, work with you to identify, register and protect your trademarks, and enforce or recover your IP if it is stolen.
We assist with Australian and international trademark applications and work to protect your intellectual property rights in every business transaction. Our experienced lawyers can help you navigate the Trade Marks Act, the Copyright Act, and the Designs Act to ensure your intellectual property is secured.
If you’re involved in an IP dispute, we will provide advice and negotiate with other parties to achieve a commercial outcome.
We recognise that information technology is an indispensable part of any business. We regularly assist clients with the commercialisation of technology, e-commerce ventures, and website regulation and compliance.
Intellectual property and information technology are truly global concerns. We recognise that our advice must be applicable internationally as well as within Australia. We pride ourselves on our relationship with our intellectual property specialists around the globe.
Our services include:
- Identifying and advising on copyright, trademarks, and designs.
- Drafting and reviewing license and assignment agreements for franchisees and franchisors.
- Registering, protecting, and enforcing trademarks and other intellectual property both in Australia and overseas.
- Acting for clients to negotiate and resolve intellectual property disputes.
- Advising clients on commercialising technology, e-commerce ventures, and website regulation.
- Targeted advice for creative industries, including graphic, industrial, and architectural design.
- Liaising with the Therapeutic Goods Administration to register your medical device on the Australian Therapeutic Goods Register.