Accredited Specialist in Business Law and Property Law
44+ years’ PQE experience
John is a Commercial Lawyer providing a broad range of corporate, commercial and property legal services to a number of industries including the information technology and other technology industries, accountants and their clients, property and development industry, transport and tourism industries and a number of others. He specialises in Business Law and Property Law. John has broad experience in:
– Sale and acquisition of companies and businesses
– Structuring of businesses and other entities
– Personal structuring and succession planning
– Funding of companies and businesses
– Trade Practices, Competition and Consumer Law
– Revenue Law
– Due Diligence
– Identifying suitable property, due diligence, negotiation, and acquisition of Sydney CBD building for private offshore investor.
– Range of development advice for a consortium of investors with a large project in the Southwest of Sydney.
– Sale of industrial business by company share sale involving due diligence and protracted negotiation with shareholders in dispute.
– Sale in one line of two iconic Sydney CBD properties.
– Insolvency advice and preparation of Deed of Company Arrangement to restructure a trading company.
– Range of intellectual property advice for a number of tourism industry entities.
– Succession planning, restructuring, and funding advice for corporate and family group of companies.
– Negotiation and successful resolution of complex inter-company guarantee dispute.
– Range of employment advice to tourism businesses and other small and medium enterprises.
– Negotiation, drafting and settling of complex software development and escrow agreement for development of specialised software for Sydney based national business.
– Commercial and residential Property and Development involving acquisition, sale, development, leasing and construction, subdivisions throughout the Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle areas
– Corporate & Commercial
– Trusts, Succession & Business Structuring
– Wills & Estates
– Employment Law
– Intellectual Property
– Private Client Legal Services
– Business and Company Sales & Acquisitions
– Mortgages & Business Finance
– Information Technology
– Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
– Law Society of NSW
– Chairman of the Examination Committee for Business Law Specialist Accreditation for the Law Society of New South Wales
– Member of the Statutory Corporation for the Uniting Church in New South Wales, The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (NSW)
– Skål International Sydney North (Tourism industry group)
– Chairman and Director of UCA Assembly Limited, which holds assets for the Uniting Church in Australia National Assembly
– Member of Australian Tourism Export Council Limited
– Member of the Restaurant & Catering Industry Association
Civic / Charitable Causes
– Long term affiliation and working with Uniting Church Synod (NSW and ACT) on a number of boards
– Member of a number of committees of Law Society of New South Wales over many years
– Member of Property Council of Australia and contributor to Legal Panel over many years (recently ceased for time commitment pressures)
– Sponsor of Australian Tourism Export Council Limited and regular contributor of published articles and speaking engagements
– Honorary Legal Counsel for Australian Tourism Export Council Limited
– Sponsor of the Restaurant & Catering Industry Association
– Regular presenter at legal education forums for College of Law, Law Society of New South Wales, Legalwise and other private legal education institutions
Accredited Specialist / Practice Group Head (Property)
- University of New South Wales, Sydney – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting, Finance and Systems)
- University of New South Wales, Sydney – Bachelor of Laws
- College of Law – Practical Legal Training
- Post graduate studies in Intellectual Property & Information Technology at University of New South Wales
- Accredited Specialist, Business Law (Law Society of New South Wales) (first group receiving this award)
- Accredited Specialist, Property Law (Law Society of NSW) (first group receiving this award)
- Corporate, Commercial & Business Law
- Franchising & Licensing
- Intellectual Property & Information Technology
- Land & Environment